Friday, May 16, 2008

Self Proclaimed


"Self Proclaimed"      9x10"

I am happy to say that this piece was juried into the Colored Pencil Society’s International Show at the Seattle Convention Center this year. This one qualifies me for my Five Year Merit award within the society so I am very happy that juror Jeffery Moose (Jeffery Moose Gallery of Seattle) felt it should be included. It is 100% colored pencil, as per the show's requirements, and I was reminded while creating it why I now work in mixed media.  Major time consumer!

The subject might be familiar to some of you. It is a neon sign for a diner in the SODO District of Seattle down on 4th Avenue. I have never eaten there so I can’t attest to the fish claim but it made a nice drawing!

Hope you like it and that you can make it to see the show if you are in the Seattle area this summer. Please visit www.cpsa.org  and click on “Events” for more information on this year’s International Exhibition.

Best!

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home